Bypassing 2015 and most of 2016
When last I blogged I was apparently lamenting my inability to find time to do so….and it seems like not much has changed!
The super fast summary for 2015 and 2016 in order of what I can remember based on my social media streams 😉
- I did not gain nor lose any more cats.
- I am of an age where my teeth now require crowns.
- In related news, my dental insurance appears to only cover 2 crowns per year.
- I do not yet require multifocal lenses
- I suspect it won’t be much longer as it definitely seems like my vision is shifting again (and not in a good way)
- I made the pilgimmage to Rhinebeck and had a fantastic time
- I learned how to ride a motorcycle
- Related to the above, I have acquired my own motorcycle and do care and maintenance of it on my own (sometimes with the help of online forums and sometimes with by telephone from the help of the lead mechanic for the company I bought it from)
- I became an Auntie
- I got to spend a couple weeks on the Colorado River by Raft (click the link to view the photo album)
- I learned how to sew and am slowly working on augmenting my wardrobe to reflect my crazy cat lady status
- In addition to sewing garments, I picked up English Paper Piecing, and I have a feeling this project is going to take years to complete and hopefully will be finished without the use of a magnifying glass
- Of course, I participated in Tour De Fleece both in 2015 and 2016
- I’m still knitting
- I haven’t woven anything in a while, but haven’t lost interest in my loom(s)
- warping, even direct warping something as simple as a rigid heddle loom while cats are are around is a great challenge.
- My cousin got married and we had a lovely trip to San Fransisco to help celebrate.
- Muir Woods are really lovely to visit, but you have to get there EARLY or parking is a nightmare
- If you get a chance, we visited the Marine Mammal Center on Marin Headland – they do amazing work to rescue local marine mammals.
- We also had an opportunity to visit Slovakia (and Vienna and Prague)…I haven’t finished uploading photos (that’s how far behind I am since the trip was in July and now it’s September) – I’ll come update links for the other places, but here are the photos from the Bratislava region.
- Photos from Vienna can be found here.
And there you have it. That’s it in a nutshell. More or less. Probably less than more, since my memory is not so good….social media has it all documented, but is also not fantastic for browsing large chunks of time all at one go 😉